The implementation of 365 and Sharepoint have resulted in an increase of around 15% in time efficiency. This is largely because we no longer need to do the weekly backups to an external hard drive and increased ability of users to tap into the functionality of Office 2013 following training received from Kinetics. For other staff, there has been an overall time efficiency of 5%.
Their systems however had a little way to go to get there:
• “We had our documents/files stored in a free file share system which had become full. We also had concerns with regard to security of data if staff left” says Operations Manager Karen Hadley. They needed more storage space and to be able to share files in a more secure way. Not having enough storage space resulted in having to delete things or not upload them. A lot of things ended up being saved on desktops and could be missed when backing up manually.
• Email was through POP mail and was difficult to backup. This also resulted in challenges accessing them on mobile devices.
• They could not share calendars efficiently.
• The manual computer backup process was tedious and time consuming.
• They did not have a single point of contact across their ICT needs making it hard to manage things.
The Kinetics Approach
Once all of the day to day requirements of their IT systems were taken care of they were able to focus on being more productive. With the help of Kinetics Computer Coaching they have been able to get the most out of the up to date software that Office365 gave them. Being able to use tools like Onenote allows them to conceptualise a new event or marketing campaign and access the information across multiple devices.
• $3 billion for the New Zealand economy each year,
• $19 million in rates, and
• 30,000 jobs with projected jobs of 45,000 on completion of Highbrook Business Park.
GETBA’s role is to make it easier for their members to do business by:
• Advocating for business and property owners in the economic development of East Tamaki
• Providing a conduit to business support, resources and networking
• Promoting the area as a great and safe place to do business and to work
• Attracting new business and employment into the area
Software and Services
• Office 2013