Is your organisation doing enough to get the cyber-security cost/risk balance right?
Cyber-security protection can feel like an unending cost.
No matter how much you do, there is always more that can be done, and no promises that any of the steps you take will make your organisation 100% safe.
We keep saying that the protections that seemed excessive a year ago now seem inadequate.
Kinetics has a range of practical cyber security options to suit most organisations, designed to be affordable and effective.
Cyber-protection can get overwhelming. The question is how much do you need? Your board might be asking :
Is our organisation really at risk from criminals? Why would they target us (they will target anyone with any money)
- Our organisation is too small, why would they bother with us? (many attacks are automated and don’t discriminate on size)
- There are always hacker attacks but it hasn’t happened to us, and it is just fear mongering (lets look at trends and see if that is valid for you)
- We’ve done a good job of protecting ourselves so far (maybe you are already well-protected, or maybe you have been lucky)
- We don’t have any private data to protect, or we have no data that would be embarrassing if it were stolen (let’s validate that!)
- We can operate for a time without our IT
You might still consider that your organisation can’t afford every protection and aren’t sufficiently exposed. The question is to get the right level of protection for your risk appetite, without going over-board.
Every organisation has a different risk/reward profile. Every organisation faces different pressures, and these can change from time to time.
It can be a bit like insurance. How do you decide how far you need to go?
For more information, contact us today.
If you aren’t sure who in your organisation is best to answer these questions, it is probably time you tried a contract part-time IT Manager, to help you manage ALL your valuable IT.